Exchanges and Returns
We hope that you will be completely happy with your purchase from The Panama Hat Company. Should you however wish to return an item, you must inform us that you wish to return your goods, no more than 14 days after you receive your item, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can send the hat back using your own courier* or by using Royal Mail using our pre-paid returns label that can be found here. You will need to return the hat back in the original condition received in the same packaging within 28 days. When your return is complete you will receive a confirmation email. If you post with our Royal Mail account, a charge of £3 postage to return your hat will apply against the refund. Please allow 10 working days for us to process your refund.
The Panama Hat Company
32 Guildford St
For our full returns policy please refer to www.panamahats.co.uk. Your statutory rights are not affected.
* Please note that using couriers that do not handle fragile boxes correctly can result in the hat being damaged on arrival. We mainly see this problem with Hermes who tend to pack heavy items on top of our Panamas, so we would advise against returning your Panama using Hermes to prevent damage to your items. Please be aware that goods received crushed or damaged for refund or exchange, may not be refunded if received in an unsaleable condition and/or will be subject to a restock fee.
Please note that we do not accept responsibility for returned items which do not reach us or are lost in the post using your own couriers, so please remember to get a proof of posting from your courier this will cover you if your returned item gets lost.
EU & International Returns
We hope you are entirely satisfied with your purchase but if not, you can return your hat using the same box provided clearly marked “FRAGILE”.
To receive a refund for your goods your item must be posted no more than 14 days after you receive your item unworn in their original condition. You are responsible for sending the hat back to us via a suitable transport method. We recommend sending returns via a basic tracked method as we cannot accept responsibility for lost items or collect items from a depot.
REFUNDS: Please allow 10 working days for us to process your refund. When you return is complete you will receive a confirmation email. If you return the hat to us, we might have to pay import duty to receive it and therefore your refund will deduct this fee - we will do our best to help in any way we can but please avoid returning your hat to us without checking this prior.
EXCHANGES: Unfortunately we are not able to offer an international exchange service so if you require a different size please order another product, and return the original item for a refund. Please note that the cost of returning your item to the UK is at your own expense.
A few things to note...
- Sizing is unfortunately NOT accurately determined by the measurement of the inner band of a hat, as it will often appear to be 'smaller' than the actual correct size of the hat itself.
- The Panama Hat Company will only pay the return shipping costs if the return is as a result of our error (incorrect item sent) or the item is proven to be faulty. We are unable to refund items which have been damaged due to wear and tear and mishandling (eg folding a hat incorrectly or 'pinching' it).
- As all our hats are genuine Panama hats, each item is handwoven in Ecuador from natural Paja Toquilla straw, and as such slight variations are to be expected and are beyond our control.
- Please always keep your original order number/name of purchaser as proof of purchase.